Admitted Students

Admitted International Students

International Students Studying on an F-1 Visa

Studying overseas is a great opportunity and we are so glad you are coming! The Office of Admission is here to support you. Our office will send you an International Packet, including an I-20 Request Form and detailed instructions on how to obtain your I-20, after you have completed your Enrollment Contract and paid your deposit. This will include a request for the address you wish to have your I-20 mailed to, in time for you to arrive for your first day of school.

Your DSOs are your Designated School Officials – your Webb contacts for I-20 and F-1 status questions.
While your DSOs are here to help, you may also contact SEVIS:
SEVP contact: 


List of 5 frequently asked questions.

  • Q. How many international students are at Webb?

    The Webb Schools is a diverse community that welcomes students from all over the world. We currently have 21% of our student population coming from overseas, representing 14 different countries.  We welcome the rich experience of culture you bring to our community.
  • Q. How do I obtain my I-20 from Webb?

    Submit the following documents to the Admission Office as soon as possible:
    • I-20 Request Form
    • Official Bank Statement (indicating sufficient funds of $63,585) 
    • Passport Copy (photo page with passport number)
    Submit copies of your documents by to email to Amy Stoddard at  Once received, you may expect to receive your I-20 within 2-3 weeks at the address provided on your
    I-20 Request Form.  
  • Q. Do I need an F-1 visa to study at Webb?

    If your citizenship is outside the U.S., you must obtain an F-1 student visa.  The Webb Schools will issue your I-20, which you will take to your embassy or consulate, in order to apply for an F-1 student visa.  
  • Q. How do I obtain my F-1 visa?

    Review Study in the States for advice and steps on how to prepare for your visa interview.  You may expect the following at a U.S. embassy or consulate:
    • Interview with U.S. Department of State representative, or consular officer
    • You must show proof of acceptance to Webb: your Form I-20 and school acceptance letter
    • Show financial ability to pay for school cost
    • Show you are prepared for the academic program in which you plan to enroll
    • You may be asked to confirm that your stay in the U.S. is temporary and for the sole purpose of studying
  • Q. Who is responsible for my F-1 status?

    You are! Students are responsible for maintaining their F-1 visa status. But don't worry. As your DSOs (Designated School Officials), we are here to help guide you and serve as a resource for you. Stay in communication with us before traveling, whether for your initial arrival at Webb, or when you travel for breaks. We are happy to help answer questions.

DSO Contact Information

Sarah Garcia
Assistant Director of Admission
Amy Stoddard
Executive Assistant
The Webb Schools Boarding Preparatory School California Private School Financial Aid Paleontology College Placement Top Academics Faculty Ph.D Community Fun