Colborn Distinguished Service Award
Named in honor of Ken Colborn '47, the Colborn Distinguished Service Award pays tribute to an alumnus/a in recognition of their selfless commitment and ongoing volunteer service to The Webb Schools and/or Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology.
- Distinguished and significant volunteer service to Webb and/or the Alf Museum
- Service is over an extended period or for a specific project or activity
Recipients will be chosen based on the answers to the following questions:
- In what ways has the nominee served Webb and the alumni community?
- In what ways has this service been outstanding?
- How has this service benefitted the institution?
- Has this service been sustained over an extended period of time?
Nominees who are not selected are still eligible for the next four years, and do not need to resubmit an entry.
2013 Ken Colborn '47
2014 Jim Hall '59
2015 Dick Lynas '55
2016 Dodd Fischer '61 and Peter Ziegler '63
2017 H. Earl "Bud" Hoover '52, Kimball McCloud '67 & Janel Henriksen Hastings '87
2018 John A. Sutro Jr. '53 & Jim Drasdo '63
2019 Miles R. Rosedale '69 & Dr. Christina Mercer McGinley '84
About Ken Colborn '47
During his lifetime, Ken Colborn (1929-2013) served The Webb Schools with a generous heart for over 60 years.His involvement in the life of the Schools is too vast to completely recount, but selection of his important roles included:
- Three-term President and former member of the Alumni Council
- Honorary Chair of Webb's 75th Anniversary Celebration
- Chair of Alumni Weekend, beginning in 1982
- Reunion Committee Chair on numerous occasions, including the 50-Plus Reunions
- Webb Fund class agent
- Member of the 1991 Long Range Planning Committee
- Development/Marketing Committee Member
- Alumni Commission
- Thompson and Vivian Webb Society member
- In October 2013, Ken was honored at the Alumni Weekend festivities as the first recipient of the Colborn Distinguished Service Award.