The Alumni Outstanding Achievement Award pays tribute to alumni who best exemplifies the core values of the schools' motto:Webb School of California
Principes non Homines, "Leaders not ordinary men" Vivian Webb School
Sapientia Amicitia Atque Honor. "Wisdom, Friendship and Honor"
The recipient meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Significant success and/or prominence in their professional career or vocation bringing honor to themselves and to Webb.
- Exemplary service to the local, national or global community.
- A demonstrated affinity for his/her alma mater (Webb School of California or Vivian Webb School).
Preference is given to alumni in a reunion year. The recipient must be available to attend Alumni Weekend to receive the award, or they must be able to come to campus during the school year for another major school event, such as Unbounded Days, Men in the Arena or Dies Mulieres. In 2018, the classes of 1958, 1963, 1968, 1973, 1978, 1983, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2013 are celebrating reunions.
Finalists are determined by the Alumni Council's Awards Committee. The final selection is made by the Alumni Council President, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Head of Schools, and alumni staff. Each award may be given out annually to one or more recipients; however, if the committee does not find a suitable candidate, then the award may not be given that year.
Nominees are evaluated on three criteria:
- Nominee's notable achievement as it pertains to this category
- How well the nominee exemplifies the school's mission through his/her work
- Nominee's affinity for his/her alma mater as demonstrated by their involvement with Webb (ie. Are they an active alumnus? Do they attend events, reunions or volunteer for alumni programs, etc.?)
Nominees who are not selected are still eligible for the next four years and do not need to resubmit an entry. Past Recipients
2014 Christian Holmes '64
2015 Louis Mayberg '80
2016 Jon Congdon '81
2017 Garland Reiter '72 & Dr. Katy Carr White '87